Edmund S. Campbell Professorship of Architecture
The Edmund Shurman Campbell Professorship in Architecture was funded by an anonymous donor and alumni of the School of Architecture. A leading architect and design critic as well as an accomplished watercolorist, Edmund Campbell oversaw the McIntire School of the Arts, today's School of Architecture and McIntire Department of Art. From 1937 until his death in 1950, he was dean of the Architecture School. He helped design Thornton Hall for the School of Engineering and Applied Science and the Bayly Art Museum building. Campbell Hall, which has housed the School of Architecture since 1970, was named in his honor.
William G. Clark, Jr. 1989-present