John B. Minor Endowed Professorship
The John Barbee Minor Professorship in Law was originally funded with a gift from an anonymous donor. Appointed to the law chair in 1845, Mr. Minor carried sole responsibility for the Law School's operation and student instruction for much of his half-century tenure. He implemented rigorous admissions and degree requirements for law students, increasing the school's stature. He died in 1895. Minor Hall, the former law school building, is named for him, as are a law debating society and a prelaw honor society. The professorship was re-created as a Distinguished Professorship in 2002 as a result of the David A. Harrison III bequest.
George A. Rutherglen 2003-present