Harrison Robertson Professorship
The late Harrison Marshall Robertson, Jr. (College '42, Law '48), created the Harrison Robertson Professorship in memory of his great-grandfather, his father, and himself to enable to Law School to attract and retain scholars of special eminence in law. Mr. Robertson enlisted as a private in the Army in 1942, and served in the 772 Tank Battalion in Europe. He was discharged in 1946 with the rank of captain. He received the Bronze Star for valor and an Army Commendation Ribbon. Mr. Robertson had a long and successful career in law in Baltimore, MD, serving as a partner in the firm of Brune, Robertson and Iglehart, as a litigator and specialist in public utility law, as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Maryland in 1962 and 1963, and as People's Counsel before the Public Service Commission and the Metropolitan Transit Authority between 1963 and 1967. He was involved in numerous civic activities and organizations in both Baltimore, MD and Palm Beach, FL. Mr. Robertson was a member of the University of Virginia Board of Managers between 1961 and 1965, and President of the University of Virginia Alumni Association from 1965 to 1966. Mr. Robertson died in 2013.
Kimberly Kessler Ferzan 2015-present